Did you know that the average number of miles that all vehicles collectively drive in Texas is 271 billion miles?
The average fatality rate for motor vehicle accidents in the state of Texas at 1.29 deaths for a hundred million vehicle miles traveled. When you call for an Uber, the last thing that you’re likely worried about is getting into an accident on your trip. Car accidents are going to happen, and sometimes your Uber driver may be at fault.
Have you recently been involved in an Uber or Lyft accident? It can be a tricky understanding of how to hire legal help for your accident.
That’s why today, we’ve created this complete guide to help you get an understanding of the action that you need to take to hire an Uber/Lyft accident lawyer. Keep reading to learn more!
1. Research Your Attorney
When you’re narrowing down your choices for who’s going to represent you and your lawsuit or court case, it’s important you research the reputation of the legal help your hire. If they don’t have a good reputation, it’ll give you a warning sign that they aren’t known for performing high-quality work.
You should also consider asking people that have worked with the attorney previously if a day would recommend that you work with the attorney.
2. Meet with Several Attorneys
As you research different attorneys, you should meet with your top selection. By taking advantage of the free consultations that many Law Offices offer, you can narrow your selections for legal help.
During the free consultation, your top attorney choices will help work with you to get a better understanding of your case. Plus, you will also receive advice on how they would recommend that your claim be handled.
Some of the questions that you may want to consider asking the attorneys that you’re meeting with include:
- Do they have any experience handling ride-sharing accidents?
- What is the success record of their firm?
- What are the costs and fees that are expected to be incurred if you file a claim with their Legal Office?
- What are the unique strengths and advantages that your case has?
- Would the attorney that you’re working with feel comfortable handling your case?
- How long does your attorney expect your case to take to be resolved?
- How will the attorney go about communicating with you in regards to the progress of your case and the resolution of your case?
Asking all of these above-listed questions will help you better understand if your top attorney’s interests are best suited for your case. If you don’t feel comfortable with the attorney’s answers, it would be best if you find someone else to represent you.
3. Consider the Consultation
After you’ve met with all of your top attorneys to assist, it’s important that you consider evaluating each of the answers that the lawyer provided to each question that you asked. It would help if you also considered several of the following points:
- Are you able to afford the fees that the attorney is going to charge you?
- Did you feel comfortable during the consultation that you had with the attorney?
- Do you know if the attorney has a heavy caseload?
- Will they be able to address your specific case properly?
- Did you really think the attorney was able to focus on your needs for your case? Or did you feel like you are rushed through the consultation?
Addressing these concerns and providing answers for yourself to these questions will help you determine if you truly feel comfortable working with the attorney in question.
4. Ask About a Case Assessment
If you’re still struggling to narrow down your choices of attorney or your Uber or Lyft accident, you may want to ask about the case assessment.
Some of the questions that you should consider asking your attorney are:
- What kind of financial settlement can you expect from your case?
- What is the attorney’s assessment for your case?
- What are some of the factors that work in favor of your case?
- What are some of the factors that work against you for your case?
- Does your attorney believe that you will have to go to trial for your case?
- Does your attorney and believe that mediation or arbitration may be better for your case?
- How long does your attorney expect your case to take to reach a solution?
Keep in mind that your attorney may not provide you with specific answers to some of these questions. However, if you noticed that your attorney isn’t really able to provide you with any estimation or seems uncertain, and may be a warning sign that your attorney doesn’t have enough experience in Uber or Lyft accidents.
These questions will help you to get an understanding that your attorney has the experience, skill, and knowledge in this niche of law to be able to benefit you truly.
5. Consider the Dynamics
Another important factor that you need to consider when meeting with you’re interning is the relationship dynamic between you and your attorney.
Understanding what your working relationship will be during the entirety of your case will help you determine if you truly feel comfortable hiring this person for your legal help. Some attorneys may require you to work with an assistant or another staff member of the law firm, instead of directly meeting you. However, if you feel more comfortable building a relationship of understanding and trust between your legal help, you may want to consider looking elsewhere.
Like any other relationship that you have in your life, you should feel that you can trust your lawyer.
Finding Your Uber/Lyft Accident Lawyer
By understanding these above-listed tips, you can easily find the ideal Uber/Lyft accident lawyer for your unique situation. It would help if you always were sure to work with a lawyer that’s dedicated to your case, but that is supposed to be someone you can afford and enjoy working with.
Are you interested in hiring a dedicated Uber/Lyft accident lawyer to fight for you in court? Contact Ivey Law Firm today for a free case review.